Monday, January 5, 2009

Food is Love


Food is how just one of the ways I like to show my love to my family and friends

Growing up me and my Grandma were ALWAYS in the kitchen. always. She would chop the vegetables and I would carefully pour them into the boiling water. I mixed the cookie dough while she measured out all the ingredients, She would slow cook the pasta sauce all day and come ask me to be her taste tester. We most definitely share a love of food and giving and love.

Tonight I made a Split Pea soup....some people probably say ewwwwww wtf split peas are nasty. YES yes they are. BUT its all in how you slow cook and simmer the soup adding just the right ingresients. I slow coooked a ham hock (for smoky flavor), onion, LOTS of garlic, carrot and add a bay leaf....then add in the prepared split peas YUMMMMM omg its amazing. seriously.

Ive been trying to get more vegetable and healthy foods into my B. He walked in the house, kissed me and sid OMG Whats that smell it smells soooo yummy:) He ate two bowls :)


Food is love and how I can nourish and feed and nurture my friends and family. Im a big softie and total nurtuer. however the fuck you spell it.

Anyway, If anyone ever reads this ever ever then go to AllRecipes.com tons of real home cooks and their wonderful recipes. Its one of my favs.

1 comment:

  1. I know I'm way late on this post(I just started reading your blog tonight and I'm really enjoying it so far)but I know exactly what you mean about food being love and wanting to feed and nurture your friends and family...I think you said that perfectly- that's exactly how I feel about it, too!

    ReplyDelete